I survived 4 months of not buying yarn with Stashalong in 2006 and want to get back on the bandwagon. Kim, the owner of the site, gave stashers 3 options this year to make their stash reduction more interesting. I really need to finish some Christmas presents (most people got IOUs from me this holiday), so I went with Option 3 which is a plan to finish at least 5 WIPs in one month (and also not buy yarn).
Here are my works in progress:
• Pocket shawl (pattern from KnitPicks) made with Lion Brand Kool Wool from stash
I'm making this for my mom:
• My Favorite Poncho (my own design) made with Gedifra Distrato (color sunset) from stash. I'm making this one for my sister Patty:
• Snowballs Chance Armwarmers (pattern from Anti-Craft) with knitpicks telemark from stash which I'm making for my niece Lisa. I haven't started the duplicate stitch yet:
• Swell hat (pattern from Knitty) with Patons Classic Wool doubled from stash. This one is for my nephew Frankie.
• Cigar gloves (pattern from Knitty) made with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes from stash for my brother-in-law Frank. I haven't started these yet.
This should keep my mind off of buying new yarn for a month. If I just rotate around these 5 projects, completion may be mine.
take care, Sue