Saturday, March 18, 2006

Finished Today: Houndstooth

Hi,

Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patty's Day. Although I had a great day watching the Dragon at Cornell, I'd have to say my daughter Kate had a better day going to see The Pogues in NYC. That must have been a great hangover!!! :-)

Christmas 2004 Joe got me a $100 gift certificate to JoAnns fabrics so I could buy yarn. I'm ashamed to say the first thought I had was "oh no, not JoAnns!" No offense but there are two great yarn shops in Ithaca that would have made me much happier. Never mind, yarn is yarn, so I went and bought 12 balls of this kool wool yarn I had been eyeing (10 grass, 2 charcoal). I wanted to do a sweater in this houndstooth pattern from a sweater in VK Fall 1984.


So here is my new design: a conglomerate of a couple of vintage patterns from the ‘80s. I created this sweater with the idea of keeping the spirit of big block prints without the boxy silhouettes of the yuppie age. I also loved the ribbed boatnet with drop shoulder sleeves. So I ran out of the grass on the first sleeve and had to go on a search for three more skeins. thank you ebay!!

I will work on pattern instructions for this for the first pdf on my free patterns link.

seeya, sue

No comments: