Friday, March 03, 2006

No medals for me

Hi,

I know it's been a while since I posted. To make a long story short I bolted out of Ithaca on my birthday (feb 16) to visit my brother Jimmy in Raleigh. We had so much fun for four days. While I was there my nephew Brendan was coughing like he had the black lung and I knew I was going to get sick. The first day back into Ithaca my throat starting hurting bad and I ended up with a horrible cold that lasted a week. Needless to say my olympic knitting project was waylayed. Here is how much I finished by Feb 26:



Since I'm out of the running, I went back to another UFO (unfinished object) that was close to completion - an Angel Hair Shrug (in almost the exact same color as the zen sweater). Angel Hair from Sensations was on sale at JoAnn fabrics a while back and I loved the softness of this yarn. It might pill like a bitch but I think it will look nice.




I used a free pattern off the lion brand site. You can download it here:

Fringed Shrug

I changed the pattern a bit by placing the increases in a garter stitch edging and making the body stockinette. Also, I'm not adding the fringe. I wanted to highlight the softness of the yarn.

Well I'm looking forward to the first weekend in 3 weeks where I can just relax and knit. I'm really close to finishing the shrug so I can wear it next week. It's FREEZING here (we got 9 inches of snow yesterday).

thanks for reading. take care, sue

No comments: