Monday, September 11, 2006

FINISHED!! Sonnet

Hi,

I'm so proud to say I've finally finished Sonnet, made with Tahki Chelsea Silk, one of the nicest yarns in my vast stash. It is gauged at 4st per in, knitted with 10.5 needles, and trimmed with I-cord. I also bought some very beautiful shell buttons from my LYS that reflect the colors in the sweater beautifully. Check out the shots:



Sorry about the tampon dispenser in the background. I took this shot in the 4th floor women's bathroom of Willard Straight Hall, Cornell.



This photo shows a little more detail of the variations in the yarn and the i-cord edging. Also the shell buttons, which are very nice.

Ah the sense of accomplishment. But then on the other hand, there is this gaping hole feeling of what to work on next? I guess I better finish my Jaywalkers. Then I have to make a list of presents to make for the holidays. Felted hats are high on my list.

Take care, Sue

PS. I would also like to acknowledge the 5th Anniversary of the Terror Attacks on 9/11/01. I am honoring the day, not re-living it like some of the news stations want us to do. I think living through one day like that is more than enough. May God's light shine upon them. Amen.

1 comment:

AuntieAnn said...

What a beautiful sweater! Congratulations on finishing. I love the i-cord edging!