Thursday, April 16, 2009



I was hesitant to start this project after seeing the other ravelers who tried it … finishing seemed to be complicated, but I love the look, so as I continued to work through my stash, I decided to use my paprika Patons Classic Merino wool on this one. The wool seemed a little spring-ier and forgiving than the cotton. I like the way it looks and I've gotten a couple of compliments on it (Kate says "It's You"). The finishing isn’t perfect but I’m starting to really understand the techniques of picking up stitches and setting in sleeves. Gosh, only took 25 years! :-) I'm really hoping Norah and Cerilia do another How-To video about set in sleeves and picking up stitches around the neckline. Norah's video on sewing shoulder seams was awesome. Here's the link:

Norah Gaughan Teaches Shoulder Seaming

Here's a detail of the peplum:

Another stash busted!!! And oh yeah, my arm still hurts! :-)


No comments: