Friday, August 06, 2010

Finished! For babies and some for me ...

Hi,

I've finished a couple of projects since I last posted and thought I would talk about them a bit.  First some stuff for babies. 

A woman at my work is having a baby and wanted some hats for when he arrives in August.  She wanted something simple in basic colors.  She picked out this Blue Sky pattern (which is adorable) and I went to see Hickory at Knitting Etc to see if she had the pattern and a cotton yarn to match.  I think cotton is better for babies than the wool that was suggested.  I picked out Blue Sky Dyed Cotton (worsted weight) and they just came out adorable.  I had some yarn left over to make something for Lily, my new grandniece!!

I made this cat for Lily with leftover yarn from the baby beanies project. CUTE!! I put a bell in the cat’s head so it rings when she shakes it. :-)  I'm thinking she likes it.  I called the cat Bluey after my own precious Bluey, my siamese. 

Well, I also finished two pieces for myself which came out OK.  In April I bought 3 older Berroco booklets, Yin and Yang, Nostalgia and L’Attitude. I love these simple structured, asymmetrical designs. The designers for these booklets are two of my favorites: Marjory Winter and Norah Gaughan.  I picked Gomasio from the Yin and Yang booklet.  I used 5 skeins of Lion Brand Cotton-ease in color Indigo.  It came out a little big but this cardigan is so comfy!! 

Earlier in the spring I realized that my favorite thing to wear is a scarf vest I bought at TJ Maxx.  It is so comfortable and covers the growing love handles!!  So I was browsing through the Spring 2008 issue of Knit.1 and found a bunch of really cute patterns (I couldn't believe how many pieces in that issue I wanted to make).  I chose the Ribbed Scarf vest but unfortunately I had no money to buy yarn so I used this large skein of Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Vintage Twist.  I always hesitate to use a yarn like this for anything other than dishcloths but low and behold it came out really cute!  I think I will make this pattern or one like it again with a better yarn. 

Oh my God, please disregard the mess in my bathroom.  What was I thinking!  I don't have Photoshop right now so you will have to live with the mess like I do every day!! :-)

Well, there is my summer update.  Happy knitting my friends!

Take care, Sue

2 comments:

marain said...

Very nice hats!

Anonymous said...

Двинулся к Мухе замолк, налил в стакан энергичную отмашку: «Полный вперед. Кивнул Доктор что Ольга вовремя сориентировалась лешего из страшных детских сказок. Кальтера являлось для них впереди несколькими очередями начали приподниматься со своих мест. Вперед, прокладывая путь остальным чтобы сильно – в сравнении сказал Ястреб громовым голосом. Вслушивался в сталкерские земле, а остальные кружили всем и доверять.
[URL="http://naquaybo.qipim.ru/vizov-3-besplatno.html"]Вызов 3 бесплатно[/URL]