Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vogue Knitting Favorites

I've had a subscription to Vogue Knitting since the mid 80s. I love every issue and browse through them constantly. I had an idea the other day about the designs I've loved but never knit! I'm going to make an effort this coming year to make at least a couple of these beauties.


The first one I want to attempt is an Anne Mieke design from the Holiday 1987 issue.


Anne Mieke's simply designed drop shoulder sweaters were in almost every issue in the late 80s-early 90s. I always ahh'd over this one although I never made it:


The description states: "A Dutch fisherman's smock inspired Anne Mieke's drop-shoulder tunic with seed-stitched side slits, back panel, and front-buttoned placket. Coin buttons close the placket and decorate the back panel. In a Classic Elite cotton/wool."


I think I'm going to use an eco-wool for this in a heathered beige. The original yarn was Classic Elite Cambridge, a cotton/wool worsted weight. I would need around 1,500 yards for size 38 (with the oversized fit bust measurement would be 50"). I'm leaning toward Berroco Remix, although the gauge is a little off (17 st per 4 in).

Stay Tuned!!

Take care, Sue

No comments: