Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January Round-up: What the heck am I knitting?

Here's what I'm knitting right now ...

Vintage Elbaite - From Norah Gaughan Vol. 7 - I've been looking at this scarf for quite a while and decided to just go for it when I was browsing in Knitting Etc. while on vacation. I bought three skeins of Berroco Vintage in colorway Chana Dal (pictured below). This color is amazing ... I can't get enough of yellow ochre, always my favorite while painting.

The unusual construction of this scarf has not bored me yet. I am done with the first section, adding the fringe and I am on the mid-section with the traveling cables. Really fun knit, and Vintage is so soft! Here is a photo of my progress:


I am also knitting a pair of socks, and a prototype square for a brioche afghan I'm thinking about designing. Brioche is my favorite stitch right now, especially with two colors.

Take care, Sue

No comments: