Friday, April 20, 2007

Cloud Swirl


Hi,

I shot this photograph which describes the type of clouds I like to paint. I'm hoping I can start on this one this weekend. I really want to expand the focus of this blog to my music, painting and knitting ...

I have a couple of exciting developments as far as music goes. I will be attending a Joni Mitchell Tribute event on April 28 featuring jazz musicians who will play Joni songs, and a talk by Jeffrey Pepper Rodgers, the editor of Acoustic Guitar Magazine. He wrote the definitive article on Joni's masterful guitar style in a cover story for Acoustic Guitar Magazine, August 1996. You can read the article here: Joni Mitchell article database.

Recently I also joined a band called LAVA ROCK. I'm rhythm guitar and background vocals. We are just in the practicing stage right now but I'll let you know if we start gigging! I need to start looking for an acoustic with a pickup or adding a pickup to my acoustic. It's time to go electric.

take care, sue

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet for all that the most irreverent among them recognized vaguely, in this bizarre figure, something of an honored http://www.wp.pl past in their country's history, and possibly felt the spell of old deeds and old names that had once thrilled their boyish pulses.. I am http://www.facebook.com truly sorry, but I am acquainted with so few people in New York...

Anonymous said...

Well said.