Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hi,

I have one Jaywalker sock and I'm almost finished with the back of Sonnet. Today is the 29th so I have the weekend and Monday to finish. It's funny how life goes. I'm thinking about this knitting project because it's so much less stressful than the fact that my 27 year marriage is ending. :-( I always thought of knitting as therapy but this may be something not even knitting can help with!! I am reminded of Brenda Dayne's podcast where she talked about the Memory Muse (if any of you listen to her fabulous podcast "CastOn") Knitted garments take you right back to where you were when you were knitting them. I'm hoping my Jaywalkers remind me of the beautiful vacation I had down at Topsail Island and my blue sonnet sweater will always remind me of being so sad while listening to Joni Mitchell sing "Hejira."

There's comfort in melancholy
when there's no need to expain,
it's just as natural as the weather
in this moody sky today

take care, Sue

No comments: